Best 10 TikTok Lead Generation Ideas for Your Business
There are a lot of ways to find suitable prospects for your business. However, if you’re looking for some creative and unconventional ideas, you might want to consider TikTok lead generation strategies.
TikTok is quickly gaining popularity among people of all ages. And while it may seem like a frivolous way to kill time, it can be a powerful marketing tool.
This article will teach you how to harness its power.
Understanding the TikTok Audience
Your potential customers are part of the larger TikTok audience. Although individuals are different, you can still notice similarities between people using the platform.
Here’s what the stats say:
- Most TikTok users are between the ages of 16 and 24 years old.
- There are more female than male users.
- TikTok is popular worldwide, but some of the biggest markets are China, India, the United States, Turkey, and Japan.
- The average time TikTok users spend on TikTok is 52 minutes per day.
Here’s what the stats don’t say:
- TikTok users are creative and test their own boundaries; they want to be involved in/with your content.
- People who use TikTok watch the videos with the sound on, so subtitles are not usually needed (like in the case of Instagram).
- People lose interest quickly and can easily swipe over your TikTok clip. They can even do that if your clip is filmed horizontally instead of vertically. Simply turning their phone is a…well, turnoff. So, ensure your video is filmed vertically and hooks your leads’ attention from the first seconds. Also, keep it short and sweet.
10 Ways to Leverage TikTok Lead Generation
Now that you know a little more about the platform and its users, it’s time to start thinking about how you can carry out successful TikTok lead generation campaigns. Here are some ideas:
1. Create Engaging Content
How can you do that?
Think about what kind of content would be entertaining and valuable for your target audience. If you’re unsure where to start, look at what other businesses in your industry are doing on TikTok.
For example, this video advertising Phone Loops ticks all the right boxes:
- It raises interest and engages people from the first second because the caption reads, “Open a package from @phoneloops with me.”
- It attracts attention and keeps people curious throughout the video. The clip’s sequences are short, each presenting a relevant benefit that Phone Loops brings.
- It features a genuine endorsement from an influencer saying she’s used the device for over a month. She also admits she loves these Phone Loops, which is a strong feeling evoking desire and FOMO.
2. Use Hashtags
Hashtags are a great way to reach new users and get your content in front of people who might be interested in what you have to offer. When you use relevant hashtags, your videos will appear in searches and on the “Explore” page, where users can discover new content to watch.
Do some research to find out which hashtags are popular with your target audience. You can also use TikTok’s “Trending” page to see what’s currently being discussed on the platform.
As a rule of thumb, your hashtags should be:
- Your product’s name and niche
- Your branded challenge
- Issues that your product addresses or solves
- The For You Page
Take this example:
Diana Ruiz is a TikTok fitness influencer that uses the platform to educate her audience. However, her end goal is getting more people to download her app, for which she has a specific link in her bio.
This video uses all the right hashtags:
- #fitnesstik stands for fitness TikToks
- #fitmami and #fitmama outline the community of fit Latina women
- #dianaruizfit is her brand’s name
- #dactivebydiana is the app’s name
- #gymworkouts is a general hashtag in the fitness community, showcasing that this video also presents specific workout ideas
3. Offer Discounts and Coupons
Anyone who’s been on TikTok for more than 5 minutes knows that it’s all about the algorithm. If you want your videos to be seen by more people, you need to stand out from the crowd.
One way to do this is by offering discounts and coupons in your videos.
By giving viewers a reason to buy your product or use your service, you can generate more leads and get your business noticed by a wider audience. And thanks to TikTok’s built-in sharing features, it’s easy to spread the word about your discount codes and coupons.
In this example, TikTok influencer Shameless Elle gives her audience a 15% discount on purchases made using her link. Apart from creating a sense of urgency and a deal you can’t miss, this code has another advantage:
It helps Deux par Deux keep track of how many purchases it gets through this profile.
That metric is essential within an influencer campaign because you want to know who’s brought you the most results.
Side-note: If you’re still thinking about the previous point, look at the hashtags used in this video.
4. Run a Contest
TikTok users love a good contest or challenge. Whether it’s something as simple as a silly dance or as complicated as recreating a famous magic trick, there’s no shortage of creativity on the app.
Brands can take advantage of this by hosting their own challenges and contests.
Not only does this give them a chance to show off their products or services, but it also allows them to connect with users in a fun and engaging way. Plus, it doesn’t hurt that challenges and contests are often viral, giving brands even more exposure.
Bose’s #CancelTheNoise challenge is an excellent example because:
- It instills the idea that their earbuds are genuinely noise-canceling through repetition and humor.
- It reached far and wide because each influencer that became a Bose Ambassador had their own audience.
- The hashtag became viral and is now used by regular people or influencers outside the campaign. Therefore, this hashtag now has a life of its own, standing for the ability to tune out everything people hate or don’t want to listen to.
5. Use TikTok Ads
Compared to other social media platforms, TikTok Ads have several advantages when it comes to generating leads:
- The video format allows businesses to tell their story creatively, attracting attention and increasing memorability.
- Hashtags and challenges encourage users to interact with the ad, increasing its visibility.
- TikTok Ads are less intrusive than other forms of advertising, making them more likely to be seen and remembered by users.
- TikTok offers a variety of ad formats that you can use to reach your target audience. In addition to standard video ads, there are also “brand takeovers” and “native ads” that you can use to promote your business.
- TikTok Ads are a great way to reach a large audience with your marketing message. You can target your ads to people based on their location, age, and interests.
Smyth Jewelers offer an interesting case study.
The century-old company’s ads are personalized and raise people’s curiosity while keeping their audience in suspense. For example, one of their series was titled “What Your Diamond Shape Says About You.”
That appealed to people because it’s the human instinct to search for meaning in the littlest things. At the same time, we want to be the heroes/heroines of our own stories. So we want even something unimportant in the grand scheme of things to be about us or define us.
The potential of a revealed mystery is also highly appealing.
People love being let in on secrets and sharing them. Smyth Jewelers manages this through all its TikTok video series, but especially through “Engagement rings by your astrological sign series,” which creates a bit more mystery.
The results speak for themselves:
- 779,000 video views at an average of two cents per like and 35 cents CPM – 1/10th of the cost on similar platforms.
- More meaningful conversations with potential customers start from these videos and lead to purchases.
6. Collaborate with Other Businesses
Collaborating with other companies can be a great way to boost your reach and get more leads on TikTok.
When you team up with other brands, you can cross-promote each other’s content, which means you’ll both get more eyes on your videos. Plus, collaborating with other businesses shows that you’re open to new ideas and willing to work with others, making you more attractive to potential customers.
On TikTok, you can collaborate with other businesses by:
- Creating joint videos
- Running contests together
- Mentioning each other in your videos
- Doing duels and duets
7. Use Influencers
By working with influencers, you can tap into their large following and get your message in front of a new audience. In addition, influencers are often seen as more trustworthy than traditional marketing messages, so their endorsement can help build trust with your target audience.
When it comes to choosing TikTok influencers to partner with, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind:
- Consider the content they produce and whether it aligns with your brand.
- Analyze their audience and ensure their followers are relevant to your target market.
- Pay attention to engagement rates and ensure that their videos generate genuine interaction. Use a TikTok engagement rate calculator to compare different content creators and choose the right one for your campaign.
The examples we cited above from Bose, Deux par Deux, and Phone Loops are all excellent. These three companies rely on the help of trustworthy, charismatic influencers that their audience wants to emulate. As such, their products can become center-stage without the companies pushing them towards their respective audiences.
8. Polish Your Profile
With over one billion active users per month worldwide, the TikTok lead generation opportunities for businesses to reach a new audience are massive. However, simply creating a TikTok account is not enough – you also need to make sure your profile is polished and engaging.
Here are a few tips:
- Choose a strong profile picture. This is your chance to make an excellent first impression, so ensure your photo is high-quality and represents your brand well.
- Write a compelling bio. Tell people who you are and what you do in a few words. Use keywords and hashtags to make sure the right people are finding you.
- Don’t forget to link to your website or other social media platforms. Thus, your leads can find out more about you and connect with you online.
Shopify offers a good example:
- The company’s profile photo is its recognizable, memorable logo.
- Their bio reads “The Entrepreneurship Company,” thus individualizing it and making it the single and most obvious choice for online e-commerce companies. The bio also contains a call to action (clicking on the link below).
- The link sends people to Shopify’s free trial page. Therefore, they’re more tempted to sign up with Shopify because they’re being offered a can’t-miss discount.
That brings us to the next point:
9. Polish Your Landing Pages
That link in your bio will get leads to your landing pages. That means you must optimize them for conversion. Ensuring that your landing pages are designed for lead capture increases the chances that visitors will take the desired action.
For example, if you’re selling a product, you’ll want to include a strong call-to-action on your landing page that encourages visitors to buy now. Or, if you’re providing a service, you’ll want to add a contact form, so interested prospects can get in touch with you.
And don’t forget to highlight your unique selling point, aka the benefits that make you different from the competition.
10. Have a Clear Strategy
While some businesses have found success on TikTok without a clear strategy, that’s not the norm. For effective TikTok lead generation, you need to have a plan.
Make sure you understand your target audience and what kind of content they’re looking for. You also need to create entertaining, informative videos that showcase your products or services in a positive light.
Read the steps that outline that strategy below and notice that they resemble most campaigns. So, even if you are on TikTok, a channel that leverages originality, creativity, and trends, you still need careful planning:
- Set a goal for your TikTok lead generation campaign.
- Consider the lead’s stage in your sales funnel.
- Outline topics and messages, including a clear CTA.
- Tailor that content to TikTok’s algorithms.
- Set up a posting schedule.
- Engage with your audience throughout the campaign.
Monitor results and adapt your strategy.
TikTok is one of the hottest social media platforms right now. With over one billion active users, TikTok provides a massive opportunity for you to attract more customers and expand to new markets.
However, simply creating a TikTok lead generation strategy requires more than just an account – you also need to make sure your profile is polished and engaging. Similarly, your website should be designed for lead capture, and you need to have a clear strategy for the content you post.
If you can do all that, you’ll be well on your way to perfecting TikTok lead generation.