5 Tips to Target the Right Audience Through Mobile Advertising
These days, most of the global population are glued to their mobile phones several hours a day. Mobile devices give a sense of convenience when it comes to online shopping, researching, reading the news, and everything in between. According to Statista, over 4.28 billion people in the world use their mobile phones to go online.
Businesses are expected to work on their mobile advertising efforts, especially if owners are seeking to increase their leads and revenue. Here are some mobile advertising benefits that entrepreneurs can reap if they choose to work on this strategy:
- You have the ability to reach your audience in real time. Mobile advertising gets your message across faster, especially if you use email and social media as your platform.
- Your content can easily be shared. Digital advertisements can easily be shared with just one click, making your content highly accessible to your target audience.
- Easily trackable. Mobile advertising platforms are made for business owners to track their data and numbers easily, and you can easily determine if your ads are effective with just a few clicks.
- The ability to reach a wide audience. As we have mentioned, there are billions of mobile users all over the world. This means that you will reach more people if you decide to follow the mobile advertising trends.5. A chance to get better conversions. It’s much easier to browse and shop through mobile devices, which means that you’ll get a higher chance of getting a higher conversion rate if you choose to advertise through mobile devices.
Now that we have discussed the advantages of mobile advertising, it’s time to delve on how to properly apply it to your marketing strategy.
Advertise Based on Location
Knowing where your customers are located will give you a good sense of how and where to direct your ads. There are two different types of location-based marketing: Geofencing and Geotargeting. The latter focuses on the buyer’s past location, while the former targets the customers based on where they are currently. Geofencing is often used by huge companies such as Snapchat and Facebook to attract new and potential clients, while most eCommerce stores use Geotargeting to re-engage their past buyers into finishing a purchase or making a new one.
Here are a few ways to leverage your location-based marketing strategy:
Apply local marketing into your mobile advertising strategy. If you are looking to increase your followers in your vicinity, then implementing this step will help up your game.
- Pair your location-based marketing with a personalized approach.
- Do performance analysis from time to time. See if your tactics are working and if not, mix it up a bit.
- Tweak the strategies on your mobile advertising platforms and run different campaigns to see which ones will work.
- Use location-specific key phrases on your PPC campaigns.
- Be active in your local community.
- Use a CRM system to manage all of your data in one place.
- Claim your Google My Business listing.
Make Use of QR Codes
Technology just keeps on getting better, and entrepreneurs must keep up to outrun the competition. To make things faster and easier for your customers, consider using QR codes. QR literally means “Quick Response”, and by scanning a code, your potential buyers can easily make a purchase with just one click. Hubspot made a guide on how to make unique QR codes, and it’s fairly easy to do so.
Additionally, any other information that you’d want to disseminate to your audience can also be done through these types of codes.
Create Your Own Mobile App
One of the biggest mobile advertising trends include mobile applications, and for good reason. These apps should be downloadable through different tablets, smartphones, and other mobile devices. OuterBox reports that over 79% of people have used their smartphones to make an online purchase. Implementing an app will make the shopping experience a lot easier for your shoppers.
You can hire a third-party company to do the application for you since only expert developers and UI/UX designers can make such apps. Moreover, enabling real-time tracking for your mobile advertising platforms and apps is a must. Gather the data and implement analytics to see which of your campaigns are working. Using a CRM application for your WordPress site can help you see what visitors are doing on your site, what type of people your business is attracting, which time of the day they are most active, and more.
Come Up with Striking Visuals
According to a study done by Venggage, over 40.8% of marketers were able to reach their goals by using original graphics and illustrations. This includes the use of still graphics, infographics, graphs, pie charts, short videos, and a carousel of photos. Using engaging and original content is way better than copying from another site, as this helps show authenticity and originality.
Here are a few things to remember when creating original visuals:
- Make use of complementary colors.
- Keep the editing at a minimum and don’t overdo it.
- Make sure the subject is the focal point of the image.
- Do not use too much text on the photo.
- If you are doing infographics, make sure that the text is clear and readable.
- Videos should be short and straight to the point.
Implement Multi-Channel Advertisements
Using different platforms for your mobile advertising campaigns is a surefire way to increase your engagement rates. Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are mostly accessed through mobile phones, and putting your ads on these platforms will help you reach your numbers. Additionally, chat channels such as Viber and WhatsApp can help you engage with your customers on a more personal level.
Follow these tactics for a winning multi-channel mobile advertising strategy:
Create multiple buyer personas.
- Make content based on these personas.
- Test before implementing different campaigns.
- Work on your customer support.
- Use channels that complement each other.
- Implement push notifications.
Creating a mobile advertising strategy has many benefits, no matter what industry you are in. Choosing which platforms to use and knowing which people to target will give you a good head start in your journey to becoming a frontrunner in your field. Getting a good sense of what works with your audience will help you leverage your mobile marketing strategy in no time.