Today we’ve released a long overdue update to our MailChimp Sync extension, which enables multiple lists and custom fields.
If your business has multiple lists in your MailChimp account, you probably want to be able to specify which list a contact gets added to. Previously, our MailChimp Sync extension only supported syncing to one list. With the update to version 3.0, you now have the ability to sync to as many lists as you have in your account.
The settings page has been updated so that after you add your first list’s information you will see the second set of fields. This is where you will insert your next list’s information. Save, and a new set of fields will show up below that. Repeat as much as needed.
If you want to sync or update your contact’s information to your list, click the appropriate button in the settings.
You can also sync or update an individual contact’s information to your list from the contact’s record in the CRM.
Users of our Custom Fields extension will be happy to hear that we added support for custom fields to be synced to your MailChimp list.
For every custom field assigned to your contacts, you will see a setting option on the MailChimp Sync settings page. You can use this option to enter a MailChimp merge tag specifically for this custom field.
For example, let’s say you have a custom field for an important date. This would be a great thing to have on a mailing list so you can send an email based on that date.
- Create your custom field and enter the data for each of your contacts.
- Create a date field in MailChimp on your list to sync your CRM date field.
- Copy the merge tag for that field into your WP-CRM System MailChimp Sync settings.
- Sync/update the list and get the contact’s date added to your list.
- In MailChimp, create an automation that sends an automated message based on a date in WP-CRM System’s date field.