How to Develop a Marketing Strategy for Your eCommerce Startup
Technology has advanced rapidly within the past couple of years and is showing no signs of slowing down. More and more people are turning to the internet to fulfill their basic needs, especially now that the world is going through a pandemic. It is no secret that the eCommerce industry is growing and continuously taking over the market.
However, many eCommerce startups are popping left and right, and competition is fierce. Business owners have to think of ways to outrun other brands to be at the forefront of their industry. In this article, we will talk about a couple of tips that you can follow to ensure that you will be able to implement the right marketing strategies for your eCommerce startup.
Prioritize Contextualization in Your Campaigns
Lead nurturing and content personalization are some of the most powerful marketing strategies for eCommerce startups. Gathering data and information based on your customers’ needs and buying behavior will help your brand succeed. Doing this will help you drive relevant content that will peak your buyers’ interests.
Here are a few steps to follow to make sure that your campaigns are highly personalized and targeted to the right audience:
- Ask your customers to fill out a survey so you can get their insights and suggestions.
- Correctly set up your analytics so you can track your web visitors’ activity and behavior.
- Utilize CRM software to help you automate repetitive tasks to make the overall process efficient.
Be Smart With the Content You Put Out
There are millions of articles on the internet about how and why people should choose their eCommerce startup, which means that you should come up with content that will help set you apart. Your articles should be informative and relevant so you will catch the reader’s attention. Releasing suitable types of content will help you get leads that can eventually turn into conversions.
We’ve listed a couple of ways you can improve your marketing content strategy:
- Come up with instructional content. Teaching your consumers how to use your products or services is an excellent way to pique their interest. Not all of your web visitors know what you sell and how to use them, and giving them detailed instructions can help convince them that these items are directed to solve their pain points.
- Create a dedicated “About Us” page. Most people these days are all for supporting companies that are ethical and stand for different causes. Your mission and vision should align with your target audience, and the more they feel like they can relate to your brand, the higher the chances of them turning into actual customers.
- Make use of user-generated content. UGC includes social listening, contests, and re-sharing your buyers’ posts. Many individuals are looking for testimonials and reviews from other customers before they decide to purchase from a brand.
Consider Influencer Marketing
Influencers often do brand partnerships in exchange for a fee or free products. They usually have thousands, if not millions, of followers on social media, and they can help increase brand recognition simply by promoting your brand on their pages. However, choosing the right influencer to work with is vital to your marketing for an eCommerce business. You have to make sure that you have the right target market so your ads will be visible to the right people.
Moreover, the advertisements that you put out should resonate with their audience. It should encourage them to take action, whether by following your business’ social media pages, sharing it with their friends and family, or being an actual buyer. eCommerce startups are advised to partner up with micro-influencers instead of bigger ones, as their audience is a lot more loyal and connected to the influencer.
Hold Contests and Giveaways
Another tactic to launch your digital marketing strategy for eCommerce is to hold contests and giveaways. People love receiving free stuff; plus, this will help them trust your brand a lot more. Doing this will also help increase brand awareness – make sure to include some of these strategies in your rules:
- Ask the audience to share your post on their pages.
- Have the customers tag their friends on the post.
- Use official hashtags so you can easily track the people joining the giveaway.
- Ask the people to follow your social media pages to increase your number of followers.
With the proper guidelines in place, you can quickly gain much traction through contests and giveaways.
Use Email Marketing to Your Advantage
Create a call-to-action button on your website and ask web visitors to sign up for email newsletters so they wouldn’t miss out on any discounts and promotions. Gather as many email addresses as you can and create newsletters that you can regularly send out to your subscribers. However, your email content should be interesting enough to compel your receivers to click on the email.
Sharing tips and upcoming events is a great way to boost your open rates. Crafting a powerful headline but not giving away too much information can also help make consumers click on the email. Consider sending out discount codes, valuable tutorials, infographics, and membership offers to increase your chances of gaining new subscribers.
Work on Building Trust
Another way to gain loyal customers is by building trust within the community. These customers can turn to loyal consumers, and they might even recommend your brand to their circle. Set yourself apart from your competitors by showing the people that you care and are driven to help solve their problems through your products and services. This fact is crucial for eCommerce startups, as you are entering an industry populated with thousands of competitors fighting for the same target audience.
To help gain the masses’ trust, brands should consider partnering with dedicated influencers. Displaying your reviews and testimonials can also help encourage people to check your website. Lastly, providing excellent customer service will show your consumers that you are dedicated to helping them out with whatever pain points they are dealing with. Implement chatbots and actual salespeople to handle queries and concerns, so your customers are taken care of 24/7.
You might think that entering the eCommerce industry is an easy feat, but that’s not the case at all. You have to come up with the right marketing strategy for an eCommerce startup so you will stand out in a saturated industry. Competing with global players such as eBay and Amazon might seem impossible, but you can gain loyal buyers that will help your business succeed with the right tactics.