Creating App Key for Dropbox
Table of Contents
The Dropbox Connect extension is a great way to share files with your team who may be working on various projects or tasks in WP-CRM System.
In order for you to retrieve files from a Dropbox account, you will need to create an App Key through Dropbox. Fortunately, this is an easy process.
How to Create an App Key #
- You will need to be logged into your Dropbox account. If you do not have a Dropbox account, you will need to create one before continuing.
- Click here to create a new app.
- Choose an API: Select Dropbox API. Note, even if you are on a Dropbox for Business account, still choose Dropbox API as the Dropbox Business API is not needed.
- Choose the type of access you need:
- [Recommended] Select Full Dropbox to allow access to any file in your account. This is useful if you have files in many different folders, or will provide access to other users who may not have access to the same folder structure you have access to in your account.
- Select App folder if you have only one folder that you will need access to. For example, if every file you will need to access is in a “Client” folder with each client organized by sub-folders, you can select this option and choose the Client folder.
- Name your app: Enter a unique name for your app. This will only be seen by you, so enter something that will help you identify what this app is used for.
- Choose the Dropbox account that will own your app: If you have linked Personal and Business Dropbox accounts, select the account that has the files you will need to access in WP-CRM System.
- Click the Create app button.
You will be redirected to the app settings page. Copy the App key from this page. Then return to your website with WP-CRM System Dropbox Connect extension installed and activated. Visit WP-CRM > Settings in the admin menu. Paste your Dropbox App Key in the settings.