If you are using WP-CRM System with the Zendesk Connect extension on your own Windows computer using software like XAMPP or WAMP, you may get some errors related to CA certificates.
Not to worry if you do. Luckily the fix is usually very easy.
Most times the CA certificates are simply out of date. You can update them by running Windows Update.
If this does not fix the problem, the following troubleshooting steps should help.
- Visit http://curl.haxx.se/docs/caextract.html and download the cacert.pem file.
- Open wp-crm-system-zendesk.php (found in wp-content/plugins/wp-crm-system-zendesk directory) using a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++ (not a word processor like MS Word).
- Find the line
//curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CAINFO, "C:/cacert.pem");and uncomment the line by removing the first two forward slashes (
- Make sure
C:/cacert.pemis pointing to the file you downloaded in step 1.
- Use forward slashes like the example even if Windows uses backslashes.
- If you seem to be having trouble, try saving the cacert.pem file directly to C: like the example above (not in any directory).
- Save wp-crm-system-zendesk.php.
This should fix any issues you are having with the Zendesk Connect extension.
After Updating Zendesk Connect #
If there is an update to the Zendesk Connect extension you will need to repeat steps 2-5 above.