WooCommerce Connect Settings
- Why isn't a new contact created when an order is placed?
- I don't see the order history / create order section on my contact's record.
- I want to create an order and have it automatically fill my customer's contact information.
- I need to charge my customer's credit card when creating a new order, how can I do this?
The WooCommerce Connect extension for WP-CRM System does not require any setup other than installing and activating the plugin.
It does require that you have the latest version of WooCommerce and WP-CRM System installed and active on your site.
Once all of these plugins are installed and active, WooCommerce Connect will:
- Automatically create a new contact in WP-CRM System if a contact with the same name does not already exist.
- Automatically create a new organization in WP-CRM System if the customer enters a company name at checkout. If a company with the same name already exists in WP-CRM System, the contact will automatically be assigned to this organization.
- The order history for a contact will be shown in the Contact’s record in WP-CRM System. This is done by looking up orders with the same email address as your WP-CRM System contact. The order status, date, and time will be shown in the order history.
- Allow you to quickly create a manual order in WooCommerce’s admin section. Due to limitations with WooCommerce, we are not able to automatically populate your customer’s contact information into the new order screen.
Why isn’t a new contact created when an order is placed? #
There is likely already a contact with the same name in WP-CRM System, which is preventing the new contact from being created.
We prevent WooCommerce orders from updating existing contacts in WP-CRM System. This would essentially allow anyone who can make a purchase on your site to be able to edit your contact’s records.
If you have several customers with the same name, you will need to manually create each contact after the first one is created. Once the correct email address is entered for a contact, their order history should display correctly.
I don’t see the order history / create order section on my contact’s record. #
If you are missing the order history or create order section, scroll to the top of your contact’s record and click the Screen Options menu (at the top right). Make sure there is a check in the box next to WooCommerce Order History and WooCommerce Create Order.
The boxes with this information should now be visible along the right side of your contact’s record.
If you see the box heading, but no content, try clicking the arrow button to the right of the heading, as that will expand/collapse the box.
I want to create an order and have it automatically fill my customer’s contact information. #
Due to limitations with WooCommerce’s system, this is not possible at the moment. We would love to offer this though and will include it as soon as possible.
In the meantime, from your contact’s record, you can click the Create New Order button, which will bring you to WooCommerce’s Add New Order admin page. In the Customer box in the top section, you can search for your customer’s name and WooCommerce will automatically fill the customer’s information in for you.
I need to charge my customer’s credit card when creating a new order, how can I do this? #
By default, WooCommerce does not provide this ability. However, there are several plugins that can add this functionality for you.
WP-CRM System is not affiliated with either plugin listed above. Therefore we cannot comment on their abilities, limitations, or troubleshoot issues with those plugins.